Saturday, March 9, 2013

PRODUCT: Trader Joe's Reduced Guilt Chunky Guacamole (1 point+)

I love avocados. Avocados have much more fat than most other fruit, but most is fat that is healthy to eat (unsaturated fat). Avocados have lots of potassium, B vitamins, and vitamin E and K.

I could just about eat a sliced up avocado on anything. When I first discovered guacamole, the heavens opened up, and an angelic choir began singing "Hallelujah".  Slight exaggeration aside, my taste buds were break-dancing.

Within a week of joining Weight Watchers, my wife discovered this product for me at Trader Joe's. She was reluctant at first, because to this point I have not been a fan of Greek Yogurt. I do realize that yogurt, in general, has many health benefits, but my taste buds could care less. Yogurt is nutritionally rich in protein, calcium, riboflavin, vitamin B6 and vitamin B12. While all of that is wonderful...still...my mouth just does not care a bit about good nutrition. And then the unthinkable happened: Some genius mixed Greek yogurt with guacamole and struck green gold.



This stuff tastes great. I put it on my eggs, my turkey sandwich, cheese and crackers...on and on. You name it, and at 1 point for 2 tablespoons, I put it on nearly everything. If you like guacamole, and you're wanting to be healthier about it, try this stuff out. You won't even feel as if you are sacrificing. Have a great weigh!

No comments:

Post a Comment